I know during these quarantine times we're all drinking just a little too much. I'm here to say it's ok! I don't know about you, but my typical go-to cocktail of the summer is always a gin & tonic. It's so refreshing, crisp and clean. With a little extra time in our kitchen, I'm getting a bit more creative when it comes to my cocktails. I'm here to share a simple Gin Basil Cucumber Smash that only requires a few ingredients and takes less than 1 minute to shake together.
When you think of the traditional gin & tonic, I'm sure a splash of lime comes to mind. Some recipes even include a slice or two of cucumber. But for my Signature Smash, I don't like to skimp on the flavor -- I love to also incorporate fresh basil. I've found it helps bring out the flavor of Hendricks which is my gin of choice.
Are you ready for my Gin Basil Cucumber Smash? Step into my kitchen!
1 basil leaf
2-3 slices of cucumber
2 ounces gin
4-5 ounces tonic water
Steps to make:
1. In a lowball glass, muddle sliced cucumber & torn basil.
2. Squeeze in lime juice.
3. Add crushed ice, filling the glass 3/4 of the way.
4. Add your choice of gin (my go-to is Hendricks!)
5. Fill the rest of the glass with tonic water. Fevertree tonic water has always been a favorite of mine but their cucumber tonic water is new to me and makes a world of difference. When the majority of your drink is tonic water, it's so important to buy a quality tonic.
6. Stir well, garnish with a cucumber slice.
Vishakha agrawal June 01, 2020