Being a follower of our brand, you know Team Society Social doesn't shy away from color! From the moment we started to dream about our flagship store in Charlotte, we immediately began thinking about our color scheme and how we could create an in-store experience that was true to our style, yet also provide the perfect environment for our furniture, gifts and accessories to shine! Knowing that we wanted to make a statement when a customer walked through the front door, we looked no further than Farrow & Ball as they had the perfect color that would represent our declaration of "French Blue is the New Millennial Pink" -- meet
We selected Parma Gray for our 20ft centerpiece pagoda bar and our custom mill-work shelving as it was a fresh, classic color. In addition to calling french blue the new millennial pink, we like to call it the new American neutral as it easily pairs with any style or design aesthetic. Additionally, we loved Parma Gray as it perfectly complimented our Signature Les Touches French Blue fabric we designed in collaboration with Brunschwig & Fils, which can be found on display in our flagship store as well.
Aside from being the perfect blue of our dreams, we were excited to learn that Farrow and Ball paints also have many other benefits, making the choice of Parma Gray not only a beautiful choice, but a smart one as well!
- It’s Child Safe - you can be safe in the knowledge that the Estate and Modern ranges are certified safe for use in nurseries and children’s bedrooms, and in accordance with Toy Safety Standards. So perfect for sprucing up not only the walls but also toy boxes, cots, headboards, bookshelves or wardrobes!
- Eco-friendly paint formulations – the entire range of Farrow & Ball paints are water based so are safe to use in all rooms of the home, and kinder to the environment – not to mention quicker dryer times!
- Comfortable to apply – the low or minimal VOC content in the paint means they are low odor and you don’t have to breathe in nasty fumes, and also makes brushes easier to clean with no need for harmful solvents.
- The packaging is infinitely recyclable – metal tins can be recycled over and over again, it may even turn up in your home again one day!
- Zero dry waste – everything is created with care at Farrow & Ball’s home in Dorset and that means 100% of the dry waste from its Dorset manufacturing plant is now recycled or converted into energy. The brand’s work has been recognized with environmental accreditations and being winners/finalists for the Coatings Care awards for the last four years.
- 97% of its liquid waste gets recycled – and they are working to get this figure to 100%. The water used by Farrow & Ball is recycled in its own water treatment facility which pre-treats it before sending clear water to local authority treatment plants.
Our flagship has officially been open one month and the biggest compliment we continue to receive is that walking into Society Social Charlotte makes our customers feel happy. We know that choosing Farrow & Ball's Parma Gray for our 20ft pagoda centerpiece is a huge factor as it's such a visually striking moment. Come visit our store and see it for yourself. We promise you'll leaving smiling!