2. DECORATE WITH BOOKS to showcase your personality and also to create different levels for accessorizing. This is important for visual interest!
3. ADD FUNCTIONAL & CHIC PERSONAL TREASURES whether it’s a horn tray perfect for keys from an east village favorite, John Derian, or a brass and bone inlay bud vase scooped up on a vintage hunt, personal pieces are what make your home yours!
4. GET LIT with ambient lighting. I always prefer ambient vs overhead lighting. It casts a lovely glow about everyone and everything! This tassel lamp and collected brass candlesticks are perfect for height and light.
5. BRING THE OUTDOORS IN with floral and fauna. Greenery makes a home feel cozy and welcoming. I chose eucalyptus for it’s height and a single hydrangea bloom in a fall and fabric complimentary color.
6. KICK YOUR SHOES OFF, STAY AWHILE! There is nothing more welcoming and equally functional. Than seating in an entryway. Natural bamboo chairs and a gilded faux bamboo x-stool add texture, polish, and a place to take off shoes, set down a bag, and paraphernalia from the day’s activities.