6 Versatile Decorating Tips for Any Room in Your Home!
1. START WITH A TIMELESS PIECE that can be reinvented in any room in your home! This Spring Street Desk from my 6th collection is the perfect neutral starting point and can be used for an eye-grabbing entryway, home office or makeshift vanity!
2. CHOOSE MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FURNITURE! Bring in a small ottoman or stool that’s perfect for kicking off your shoes yet small enough to tuck away when guests are over! Because of it’s scale, it can also double as an end table if a tray is added. And don’t be afraid to bring in a fun print! Leopard is a classic in our book.
3. AMBIENT LIGHTING IS A MUST! It softens the harshness that can be overhead lighting and instantly makes a home feel cozy and inviting. In this case we also chose this lamp for it's height. Incorporating varying heights is important for visual interest. We love the texture, too!
4. DECORATE WITH BOOKS or small boxes to layer in your personality and to create a variety of levels for accessorizing! Choose pieces that double as stylish organization, hide unwanted clutter like keys, pens, and / or jewelry in the decorative boxes and drawers!
5. PUT YOUR PASSIONS ON DISPLAY! Infuse personality into the space by displaying personal treasures and tchotchkes! For any vignette small or large, remember to balance out height and vary levels of visual interest. Here we did that with a collected candlestick that stands up to our lamp!
6. ALWAYS ADD GREENERY OR FLOWERS! Plants not only provide more oxygen but they always warm up and liven up a space by adding natural and colorful elements!