1. Start with a classic piece that can be re-invented in your home over and over again. This credenza from my new line, the Carmen, features woven raffia on clean lines and sleek brass pulls and caps. This shade of navy serves as a neutral blank canvas ready to be styled!
2. Layer coordinating rugs
for interest but also to create a distinct walkway. Your guests will want to follow the welcoming runner right in!
3. Make it functional. Add a chair
for kicking off your shoes and a lamp
for height and light! The Carmen also features drawers and cabinets perfect for hiding keys, mail, and unwanted clutter.
4. Make a statement! This large juju hat is not only a unique conversation piece but it also creates a focal point for art and accessories.
5. Decorate with books! They're a quick way to infuse a little personality and are perfect for creating different levels on the credenza for accessorizing which is important for visual interest.
6. Add personal treasures. Whether an Italian glass bowl from your last trip to Burano. a go-to candle, or found flea market tchotchkes, personal pieces are what make your home yours!
7. Art. A home is not complete without it in our book! In this instance, layering art adds color and different heights for the eye to travel. You don't want the eye to run into a dead end-- use heights and varying textures/materials, and spacing to keep the visual flow!
8. Finish it off with greenery! I chose this tall olive tree for its height which balances out the lamp and stands up to the large scale juju hat.
For a closer look at these pieces and to see the full look come together in person, watch Roxy's first Facebook Live segment here!