MERCHANDISE AND STORE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT - FULL TIME
- Society Social Charlotte at Atherton Mill
- Head Buyer and Assistant Buyer
- Assist with day to day store operations, in-store customer service, checkout customers
- Assist with packaging & shipping material inventory
- Manage unboxing, tagging and merchandising product
- Fulfill online gifts and accessories orders
- Assist with buying and market attendance
- Assist with Inventory
- Assist with sku creation
- In-store and website merchandising
- Vendor communication and relations
- Assist with online customer service responses
- Track customer information in database and send thank you emails
- Order processing and management
- Assist with Design Insider
- Assist with Instagram Stories and social media
- Assist with planning and working pop-ups, photoshoots, store events
- Assist with marketing messaging and initiatives
You’re the right fit for this position if...
- You have strong, effective, and clear written and verbal communication skills and can master the Society Social tone of voice. (This cannot be highlighted enough!)
- You enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment and understand the startup culture in which one must constantly:
- Take on new challenges, sometimes without direction
- Pivot quickly to new strategies
- Be comfortable with uncertainty
- You are highly organized, very detail oriented, and are proficient in Excel/Google Sheets.
- You are comfortable with working independently and taking initiative to problem solve when needed!
- You understand your behavior and attitude are just as important as the talent you bring to the team.
- You take direction well.
- You are a team player in every sense of the term.
- You are naturally business minded, have a willingness to learn and like to critical think.
- You are willing to work your way up and understand that our success will be your success.
We are a growing company with big goals. We take our business seriously and we move fast. If these above items do not align then this is not the position for you. In the interview process, we will ask for examples of how you have demonstrated the above qualifications and if you proceed to the next round, we may ask you to take a written and strengths finder test.
- Paid vacation
- United Healthcare insurance package eligible after 90 days
- 401k matching up to 4% offered after 6 months
- Growth opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous retail experience a plus
- Computer, technology, and social media savvy
Society Social is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or age.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include why you would be a good fit for the Society Social team as well as three references. Writing samples and examples of listed qualifications are a plus.
Please note, due to the volume of responses we receive, we may not be able to follow up with every applicant, but if we feel you are a good fit, please expect to be contacted within two weeks of applying. Thank you so much for your interest!
About Society Social
An accessible custom furniture and lifestyle brand and e-commerce startup that designs and makes exclusive furniture collections and also offers a carefully curated and edited market mix of décor, gifts, lighting, books, rugs, wallcoverings and more through e-commerce and brick and mortar. Our signature look is inspired by the mindset of elevating the everyday and decorating to entertain the ones you love. Our aesthetic pays respect to classic design but also puts a healthy and playful focus on putting a fresh, colorful, and feminine spin on the traditional, or granny chic, if you will!